A Testing Ground for Future Stars
Introduced in 1920, the Women’s Western Junior Championship is one of the oldest junior tournaments in the United States. The field is limited to 78 girls age 18 and younger. Exemptions into the Women’s Western Amateur are awarded to the following:
- Match Play Champion (previous three years)
- Match Play Finalist/Runner-Up (previous year)
- Top three and ties in medal play (previous year)
The Women’s Western Junior Championship is a testing ground for the stars of the future. Past champions include Candie Kung (1998), Cristie Kerr (1994), Grace Park (1993) and Nancy Lopez (1972, 1973, 1974).
The competition begins with 18 holes of stroke play. Following a second 18 holes of stroke play, the field is cut to the low 16 players for match play. Players who advance to the “Sweet 16” will be seeded in a single-elimination bracket to determine the Women’s Western Junior champion.
Tournament Documents & Forms
The following documents and forms are available to all applicants and players. Please select the appropriate document for your needs. If you need additional information, please contact us.
- Women's Western Junior Application Information
- Women's Western Junior Exemptions
- Women's Western Medical Release